The Ashton Village pool is open to residents Tuesdays through Sundays from April 1 to October 31.
The following rules and regulations have been established for the benefit of all users of the Swimming Pool to assure the safe operation of the pool facilities and to provide enjoyable recreation for all. Patrons are requested to cooperate in observing these rules. Patrons violating swimming rules are subject to the revocation of their swimming privileges.
The Association Management and Board of Directors and Association Contractors reserve the right to refuse admittance into any AVHOA recreational facility when the capacity of the area has been reached or when otherwise deemed necessary for the health, welfare or safety of its patrons.
1. No one will be allowed in the swimming area unless the pool is officially open. Entering upon the pool premises when it is not open may result in prosecution for trespassing.
2. You must use your access card to enter the pool area. DO OPEN THE GATE FOR ANYONE WITHOUT AN ACCESS CARD.
3. The gates must be kept closed at all times. DO NOT PROP OPEN THE GATES.
4. Anyone not toilet-trained (incontinent) who wishes to enter any pool must wear a clean diaper or disposable swim diaper covered by separate rubber/vinyl pants, all of which must fit snugly around the legs and waist. If the diaper becomes soiled, this person must leave the pool immediately, and may not return until he/she has taken or been given a soap shower and has been recovered by a new diaper with clean rubber/vinyl pants.
5. The Ashton Village Homeowners Association assumes no liability for injuries or damages arising from the results of participation. Due to the strenuous nature of some activities, the participant is advised to consult his/her physician concerning fitness to participate. All activities present certain inherent risks and hazards which the participant assumes.
6. All AVHOA assessments must be current.
7. All patrons within the pool area must be attired in swimming apparel. No street shoes or clothing allowed on decks. The swimming pool and decks must be maintained in a sanitary manner for the protection of bathers.
8. Children under 16 entering the pool complex must be accompanied and cared for (at poolside) by a responsible person 18 years old or older in bathing suit attire. Children under 6 need to have a responsible person in the water with them.
9. After 6 p.m. any youth under the age of 13 who is not accompanied and supervised at the pool by an adult (18 and over) must leave the pool complex.
10. Use of the wading pool (Tot Pool) is restricted to children five (5) years old and under. Each child must be supervised at poolside by a person at least 16 years old. Children must not be left unattended.
11. Food or refreshments may be consumed only at tables located at least 12 feet from poolside. All refuse and waste papers must be deposited in designated receptacles. Please recycle. Food or drink is NOT permitted in shower/rest rooms.
12. Picnic baskets are permitted in the grass area of the pools. No grills, gas or electric cooking devices may be brought into the pool complex.
13. Glass containers, alcoholic beverages, drugs and pets are not permitted in the pool complex. An exception will be made for a seeing-eye dog for the visually impaired.
14. A group of children (6 or more, 6-17 years of age) entering the pool must be directly supervised at poolside by an adult in swim attire. There must be one adult for every five children. Groups with children under 6 years of age must provide 1 adult per child in the water due to the high risk nature of the activity.
15. Leave valuables at home. The Ashton Village Homeowners Association is not responsible for personal property or valuables at any time.
16. Persons under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be permitted in the pool complex or in the surrounding area.
17. No person within the pool grounds shall behave in such a manner as to jeopardize the safety and health of himself/herself and others. Such behavior, including abusive or profane language, shall be grounds for expulsion.
18. Loitering will not be permitted on the pool grounds or within any of its facilities.
19. Any injury occurring in the pool area must be reported to the Association Management immediately.
20. Association employees, Board Members and contractors are the only persons allowed in the guard room, filter room, mechanical room, storage room and offices.
21. Headphones must be worn when listening to musical or entertainment devices.
22. The use of cameras, video cameras or any device containing camera equipment of any kind is prohibited in all bathrooms and changing facilities.
Rules for Swimmers
1.Pool users must wear swimming suits or swimming trunks upon entry into the pool. Clothing such as cut-offs, gym shorts, and underwear is not permitted as swimwear. Swimwear should not have been worn for exercising immediately prior to pool use and must be colorfast and of a lightweight material suitable for swimwear, such as Lycra, Spandex, or nylon. Clean T-shirts may be worn for modesty or medical reasons.
2. Association Management and members of the Board of Directors have authority to enforce all pool rules. Patrons who violate the rules may be ejected and risk having their privileges revoked.
3. All patrons must take a cleansing soap shower before entering the deck area. Sun bathers SHOULD shower before each entrance into the water in order to rinse off perspiration, lotions, sunscreens, etc.
4. Any person having a skin disease, sore or inflamed eyes, cold, nasal or ear discharge, or who is wearing any kind of bandage or band-aid will not be permitted in the pool.
5. Persons having any considerable area of exposed sub-skin tissues, open blisters, cuts, etc., are warned that these are likely to become infected. Such persons may not use the pool.
6. Any adult or child who is experiencing even a mild case of diarrhea may not use the pool.
7. Running, boisterous or rough play, pushing, acrobatics, dunking, wrestling, splashing, yelling, diving or jumping haphazardly, snapping of towels, improper conduct causing undue disturbances in or about the pool area or any acts which would endanger any patron are prohibited.
8. Spitting, spouting of water, blowing nose or urinating in the pool are prohibited.
9. Prolonged underwater swimming for distance is not permitted for safety reasons.
10. Non-swimmers must remain in shallow water (chest deep or less).
11. Toys, balls, inner tubes, inflated boats, and rafts are not permitted in the main pools. Small toys may be allowed in the Tot Pool at the Association Management or Board of Directors discretion.
12. Food and drinks are not permitted on the pool decks.
13. Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the pool facilities. .
14. Single groups shall not monopolize a particular area of the pool and thereby limit its use by or intimidate other patrons. AVHOA Swim Team events may be excluded from this rule.
15. Only persons that have been certified by the American Red Cross to teach swimming may utilize the pool to provide swimming instruction. No activity for private gain is permitted at any time.
16. Wearing eyeglasses in the pool is discouraged unless absolutely necessary. Non-breakable lenses and frames are necessary for safety.
17. Gum chewing is not permitted anywhere in the pool complex for health and safety reasons.
18. Chairs are not permitted within 6 feet of the pool side.
19. Patrons must leave the pool area 15 minutes before closing time and clear the locker room facilities by closing time.
20. Tables may not be reserved by placing towels and/or personal belongings on them. No sitting on tables or the backs of chairs. No jumping any of the fences.
21. During storms the pool will be closed and the entire area must be cleared of patrons. Due to limited cover, patrons are encouraged to go home. Others must remain within the shelter of the bathhouse or their car. The pool will normally open thirty (30) Minutes after the storm has passed.
22. Coast Guard approved and labeled personal flotation devices, such as vests designed to provide vertical support, may be worn. Water wings (swimmies) may also be worn. Each individual wearing a personal flotation device must be accompanied by an adult in the pool, within arms reach. No back floats, bubbles, rings, or one-sided flotation devices are permitted.
23. The use of masks and snorkels is not permitted.
24. NO DIVING.